I am co-founder of eigen that provides scalable
video reasoning AI. Our entry market is retail. eigen
is currently funded by NEC-X and NECLA.
eigen has built the world's first real-time action recognition and video understanding system. Our patented methods learn object interactions in video streams to perform extremely efficient higher-order scene understanding. With extensive applications in retail, healthcare, and other domains, eigenprovides real-time and timely alerts for various events and automate various store operations.
My team has built eigenconsole that runs on the cloud (AWS) and can scale upto thousands of streams into it for cloud-based AI processing. Our efficient AI video algorithms only use $1/camera/day for streaming and inference and these costs can be reduced further. eigen has a web frontend and we recently added support for iOS/Android playback. eigen has signed several pilots in SF Bay Area and is running live serving 150+ streams.
As a Senior Researcher at NEC Labs,.
my students and I have
built extremely efficient image
classification, video classification, video
retrieval and pose tracking methods. I am also the Founder of Eigen
based on my research on efficient video understanding.
- Hopper: Multi-hop Transformer for Spatiotemporal Reasoning. In ICLR 2021.
Honglu Zhou, Asim Kadav, Farley Lai, Alexandru Niculescu-Mizil, Martin
Renqiang Min, Mubbasir Kapadia, Hans Peter Graf.
- 15 Keypoints is All You Need. Michael Snower, Asim Kadav, Farley Lai, Hans Peter Graf. In CVPR 2020.PDF. Ranked #1 in PoseTrack .
- S3VAE: Self-Supervised Sequential VAE for Representation Disentanglement
and Data Generation.
Yizhe Zhu, Martin Renqiang Min, Asim Kadav, Hans Peter Graf.
In CVPR 2020.
- Tripping Through Time: Efficient Localization of Activities in Videos.
Meera Hahn, Asim Kadav, James M. Rehg, Hans Peter Graf.
In CVPR Workship on Language and Vision, 2019. Also, appears in BMVC'20. PDF.
Visual Entailment: A Novel Task for Fine-Grained Image Understanding.
Ning Xie, Farley Lai, Derek Doran, Asim Kadav.
In NeurIPS Workshop on Visually-Grounded Interaction and Language, 2018 (ViGIL’18). PDF.Dataset.
- Teaching Syntax using Adverserial Distraction. Juho Kim, Christopher Malon, and Asim Kadav. In FEVER-EMNLP, 2018. PDF.
- Attend and Interact: Higher-Order Object Interactions for Video Understanding. Chih-Yao Ma, Asim Kadav, Iain Melvin, Zsolt Kira, Ghassan AlRegib, and Hans Peter Graf. In CVPR, 2018. PDF. Video NEC Video. Live Demo.
- A Context-Aware Attention Network for Interactive QA. Huayu Li, Martin Renqiang Min, Yong Ge, Asim Kadav. In KDD, 2017.
- Pruning Filters for Efficient ConvNets. Hao Li, Asim Kadav, Igor Durdanovic, Hanan Samet, Hans Peter Graf. In ICLR'17.
PDF. Poster.Code (Reproduced by others).
- DeepConfig: Automating Data Center Network Topologies Management with Machine Learning. Christopher Streiffer, Huan Chen, Theophilus Benson, Asim Kadav. SIGCOMM Net AI Workshop, 2018. PDF.
- ASAP: Asynchronous Approximate Data-Parallel Computation.
Asim Kadav and Erik Kruus. arXiv Preprint. Dec 2016.
- Privacy preserving collaboration in Bring Your Own Apps. Sangmin Lee, Deepak Goel, Edmund L. Wong, Asim Kadav, Mike Dahlin. In Symposium on Cloud Computing (SOCC '16).
- Random Walk Distributed Dual Averaging Method For Decentralized Consensus Optimization.
Cun Mu, Asim Kadav, Erik Kruus, Donald Goldfarb, and Martin Renqiang Min.
NIPS Optimization Workshop (NIPS OPT'15), Montreal, Canada, December 2015.
Extended PDF. Poster.
MALT: Distributed Data-Parallelism for existing ML applications.
Hao Li, Asim Kadav, Erik Kruus, Cristian Ungureanu.
ACM European Conference on Computer Systems, (Eurosys '15), Bordeaux, France, April 2015. Poster. Slides
- Program Committee: AAAI 2019, SoCC 2018, ICML 2018, USENIX ATC 2018, AAAI 2018, SoCC 2017 (Scholarship Chair), ICML 2017, APSys 2016.
- Conference Reviewer: CVPR 2020, ICLR 2020, ICCV 2019, CVPR 2019, ATC 2019, ICLR 2019, ASPLOS 2019 (ERC), NIPS 2018, ICLR 2018(+W), NIPS 2017, NIPS 2016, USENIX ATC 2011, SIGMETRICS 2010.
- Journal/Workshop: NIPS LearningSys 2019, NIPS LearningSys 2018, NIPS LearningSys 2017, NIPS LearningSys 2016, EMDNN 2016, IEEE Computing, Software; ACM: TACO, TECS, TOCS.